27 September 2021
This policy documents the Count Financial Limited (“Count”) internal complaints handling
What is a complaint?
A complaint is defined as “an expression of dissatisfaction made to or about an organisation,
related to its products, services, staff, or the handling of a compliant, where a response or
resolution is explicitly or implicitly expected or legally required.”
How a complaint can be lodged with Count
If you have a complaint to make about Count, one of its member firms or authorised
representatives, you can contact Count directly by:
• sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org,
• calling Count on (02) 8218 8778, or
• writing to Count Professional Standards, Level 8, 1 Chifley Square, Sydney, NSW 2000.
The email@example.com email address is the best place to raise your complaint
initially. If you need assistance raising your complaint, you can contact us using any of the
methods above. This is a free service.
Our complaint handling process
Count’s internal process for handling complaints aims to ensure that complaints are resolved in
a timely, fair, and consistent manner. Our internal process is:
• We acknowledge that we have received the complaint.
• A member of our Professional Standards Team will investigate the matter.
• You will be informed, in writing, of the outcome of the investigation within 30 days
including steps taken and an explanation of our decision.
• If you are not satisfied with the outcome of our investigation or we are unable to
conclude on the resolution within 30 days, we will provide you with the details of the
Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA).
The Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA)
If an issue has not been resolved to your satisfaction, you can lodge a complaint with the
Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA). Our membership number is 10332. AFCA
provides fair and independent financial services complaint resolution that is free to consumers.
Details are as follows:
• Website via www.afca.org.au
• Email via firstname.lastname@example.org
• Telephone via 1800 931 678 (free call)
• In writing to Australian Financial Complaints Authority, GPO Box 3, Melbourne VIC 300